ProForm SMART Strider 695 CSE – Overview
The ProForm SMART Strider 695 CSE Elliptical Trainer is one of a kind when it comes to offering some of the best features with the price tag that comes along with it. The 695 CSE is an improved version of the 495 CSE, and it was released by ProForm in the year 2017.
SMART Strider 695 CSE is the standard elliptical machine for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced users of all ages. The best part is that the elliptical can be folded, which makes it the perfect elliptical trainer for home use. Another plus is that it can be assembled within minutes when it arrives at your doorstep.
With the SMART Strider 695 CSE’s new Watts LED Display, you can watch your power output right on the console with bright LED lights. Moreover, based on the power algorithm of watts per kilogram, you can instantly tell if you are in the Endurance, Tempo, or Peak Zone.
Unlike the 495 CSE, the 695 CSE has the inclination feature which helps target specific lower-body muscle groups. Besides the incline feature, it is iFit Compatible and has in-built workout apps that assist you in reaching your fitness goals in a short period. More on this will be discussed as we move along!
Watch the short video below to get a quick insight on the Strider 695 CSE Elliptical Trainer.
iFit® Coach Ready™: Engage in a whole new fitness experience as certified personal trainers take you with them to exercise throughout the world right from the comforts of your living room. With iFit, you will have access to your own fitness trainer who will assist you in developing your physical fitness goals. You can also enjoy an expansive collection of workouts that will make you sweat both on and off the machine. To get started with iFit, subscribe to the platform, connect your tablet to the elliptical trainer via Bluetooth, and then start with your workout. For Subscription Plans, visit iFit’s Website.
Vertical SpaceSaver® Design: ProForm knows that their users want to keep their homes tidy. Therefore, they introduced the SpaceSaver Design that helps you to fold your treadmill once you finish with your training. It’s easy to fold the elliptical trainer and store it. When you have something like the folding feature, you don’t have to give any excuses regarding space.
Adjustable Quick Incline™: The older model, 495 CSE, lacks the incline feature. However, you can adjust it to a maximum of 10° with the SMART Strider 695 CSE. Inclination enables you to burn more calories and activates various lower-body muscle groups like Calves, Glutes, and Quadriceps. It feels as though you’re hiking a hill.
Soft Grips Upper-Body Workout Arms: Not only does an elliptical trainer strengthens and tones your lower body, but it also does the same to your upper-body. The upper-body muscle groups which the elliptical hits are Arms, Shoulders, Chest, Back, and Abs. Due to friction between palms and the grip, blister formation might take place. Nevertheless, with Soft Grips, you can avoid blister formation.
ProForm SMART Strider 695 CSE – Key Specs
Take some time to view the table that consists of Key Specifications of the ProForm SMART Strider 695 CSE Elliptical.
- Round Watts LED Display: As mentioned before, it helps you locate your zone. The Display Screen is necessary because it helps you keep track of different workout stats like Speed, Mileage, Time, Calories Burned, and Heart Rate.
- 24 Workout Apps: The in-built Workout Apps are designed by professional fitness trainers. Following the exact steps and using them regularly will take your fitness to a whole new level.
- EKG Heart Rate Monitor: There are sensors that are built into the handlebars of the 695 CSE Elliptical Trainer. For the heart rate reading to show up on the display screen, you need to hold the handlebars.
- Commercial-Guage Solid Steel Construction: While constructing this beast, ProForm has used high-grade steel to manufacture the frame. As a result, the elliptical trainer lasts a long time without having to undergo any maintenance or replacement.
- 18” Stride Length: Enjoy a long and spacious stride with the 18-inch stride length.
- AC Adapter Included: If you don’t want to use batteries to power the SMART Strider 695 CSE, then plug in the AC Wall Adapter to power the console electrically.
- Oversized, Adjustable, Cushioned Pedals: These large pedals allow you a number of foot positions and provide better balance and stability.
- 18 Lb. Effective Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel: The heavier the flywheel, the less the vibrations. This flywheel isn’t the case with 495 CSE because it’s only 13 Lbs. However, 18 Lbs is a lot heavier, so it helps the elliptical to be smooth, delivers better weight placement, and faster gear ratio.
- 20 Resistance Levels: With about 20 Resistance Levels, you can start off slow and then progress to intense. Each level is smooth, frictionless, and silent due to Silent Magnetic Resistance.
- SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance: This smooth, frictionless resistance system enables you to change the intensity of your workout without interrupting you and producing noise pollution.
- CoolAire™ Workout Fan: It doesn’t matter if it’s rainy, humid, blazing hot outside. With the Workout Fan, you can stay relaxed and enjoy your workout. The Quick Console control allows you to adjust the speed of the fan anytime you want.
- Integrated Tablet Holder: Make fitness and entertainment multi-tasking. If you have a tablet, insert it firmly in the Tablet Holder so that it can keep it safe and secure throughout the training session. Watch your favorite TV Show/Movie during a long duration session.
- iPod®-Compatible Audio: Once you finish creating your raving music playlist, connect your iPod or an MP3 Player to the SMART Strider 695 CSE’s sound system. With the in-built dual 2-inch speakers, you can listen to quality music and increase the tempo at louder volumes.
- Transport Wheels: Move the elliptical from one place to another with the rear-mounted wheels.
- Oversized Leveling Feet: Keeps the machine stable even on an uneven surface.
- Water Bottle Holder: It is essential to keep yourself dehydrated when going for a long workout. Therefore, the Water Bottle Holder is built into the frame for easy access.
- Out-of-Box Easy Assembly: You might’ve waited for days/weeks for the 695 CSE to arrive at your doorstep, and ProForm doesn’t want to kill the excitement. Therefore, they engineered the elliptical in such a way that you can start your workout within minutes by following simple assembly steps that takes minutes rather than hours.
- No Wireless Hear Rate Tracker: Usually, a wireless chest strap would provide an accurate heart rate reading, but, on the other hand, holding the handlebars won’t provide you with accurate data.
- Slow Customer Service: If something goes wrong with your equipment, then do expect it to take some time because ProForm’s customer service is slow. Therefore, maintain it well and plan ahead so that it doesn’t impact your fitness.
The ProForm SMART Strider 695 CSE Elliptical Trainer covers all the biomechanics and features which the older version lacks. If you can afford the 695 CSE, you don’t have to look for any other equipment.
In case if you’re interested in going for the most advanced elliptical trainer in the CSE Series, then the ProForm SMART Strider 895 CSE Series Elliptical Trainer will do! However, if you want a cheaper alternative, then the ProForm SMART Strider 495 CSE Elliptical Trainer will get the job done!
Take some time to research other pieces of equipment available at Exercise Grid. If this review has helped you, please share it on Social Media and leave a comment below using the comments box. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!