In this review on ProForm SMART Pro 2000, we will discuss everything from A-Z on what this monstrous beast has to offer. By the end of this review, you will be able to decide whether or not this equipment is the perfect fit for you.
I encourage that you read the complete review so that you’ll know what to expect from this particular treadmill model. However, if you don’t feel like reading this lengthy blog post, then make use of the Table Of Contents to quickly navigate to the topic of your choice.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What is ProForm SMART Pro 2000?
The ProForm SMART Pro 2000 was released by ProForm in the year 2019, and it’s the first model in the Pro Series. The SMART Pro 2000 consists of a robust motor system, and the best part is that it has a lifetime warranty on the motor.
With almost 50 different onboard workouts, it contains one of the most sophisticated training sessions. In addition, you get access to 1-Year iFit Membership in which you can join hands and start working out along with your personal trainer, who will help you meet your fitness goals.
Also, one of the most beneficial factors is that you can fold it once you finish with your workout. You can now store it anywhere you want. More on this will be explained in detail as we go through the Top Features of this treadmill.
Watch the short video below before moving on with the rest of the review.
- iFit® Coach Enabled, 1-Year Membership Included: With iFit, you will have access to Personal Trainers right from the comforts of your home. Moreover, you can equip yourself with an expansive collection of workouts and an ever-growing library of high-intensity studio workout classes. As an owner of the ProForm SMART Pro 2000, you get iFit for one whole year for free. If you would like to continue with the iFit subscription even after the 1st year, you have to visit the iFit Website to purchase the new membership plan which costs $15.00 per month per person. Nevertheless, family membership costs $33.00 per month, which can accommodate FIVE people.
- -3 – 15% Digital Quick Decline™ & Incline™ Control: The SMART Pro 2000 contains a feature called automatic adjustability. If you activate it, then the treadmill sets the incline and decline automatically by itself according to the route that you choose with iFit. If the trainer runs uphill, the treadmill’s incline percentage will increase. If he/she runs down a path, the tread belt will start declining. Very few treadmills in the industry have this particular feature.
- 3.5 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial Pro: The 3.5 CHP Motor supports continuous horsepower when you train with your trainers in all sorts of locations. The motor reduces sound and provides you with a soft yet powerful feel. It won’t fail you even if you change speeds quite often. It is built with high component parts and comes with a lifetime warranty so that you won’t have any issues with the functioning aspects of the machine.
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist: Some ProForm treadmills, including the ProForm SMART Pro 2000 is foldable. As mentioned earlier in the review, you’ll be able to fold the treadmill once you’re done with your workout. This feature makes this treadmill a best buy for home equipment.
- CoolAire™ Fan: The in-built fan will pump cool air when you start your workout. Even if the outdoor weather is foggy, blazing hot, or rainy, you will feel comfortable because the fan will keep the temperature moderate and pleasant. If you don’t feel like using it, then you can turn it off manually.
- 7” Smart HD Touchscreen: It is mandatory for you to view the workout stats right from the moment you start until the very end of the training session. The display of the SMART Pro 2000 is of high quality, and it provides you with different workout data like Speed, Distance, Time, Calories Burned, etc. Moreover, you can stay motivated by looking at breathtaking landscapes along the way directly from the Display screen.
Notable Key Specifications
Take a look at some of the Key Specifications in the table below that the SMART 2000 carries.
Specifications & Features
From here onwards, you’ll be seeing some extra Specifications & Features of the ProForm SMART Pro 2000 which have not been mentioned in the table or in the top features. So, let’s jump right into it!
As an owner of the SMART Pro 2000, you will have access to 50 On-Board Workouts that will help you meet your fitness goals. These apps are designed by certified fitness trainers and are fully loaded. The workouts focus on Incline, Speed, Calorie Burn, High Intensity, and Mixed Workouts. Using them regularly will bring in good results for you.
It is essential to keep track of your heart rate when working out. Therefore, along with the treadmill, you get an
EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor that will provide you with an accurate heart rate reading. However, keep in mind that various physical characteristics can trigger the reading.
The sensor is built into the handlebars of the machine. For the reading to show up on the display screen, you should hold the bars in the right spot.
As mentioned in the table above, the Treadbelt is 22” x 60”. In other words, it’s 20 inches wide and 60 inches long. The Tread Belt offers plenty of room for you to run freely on the treadmill.
Before releasing a particular treadmill model, ProForm tests the belt for 1 Million Cycles at double the user weight.
Not everyone is a sprinter by birth. The 0 – 12 MPH Digital QuickSpeed® Control will enable you to change the speed easily. Another plus is that you can change the intensity of the workout conveniently with the QuickSpeed Buttons. Just a touch of a button and you’re all set!
Also, due to the in-home efficiency booster, you can run at high speeds without using excess electricity. In fact, this feature will help you conserve electricity so that you don’t end up boosting your electricity bill.
When you walk, jog, or run, your knees will sometimes take a heavy hit because of the way you land. As a result, it can cause some joint inflammations or pains. Therefore, to avoid these pains, ProForm introduced something called ProShox™ Cushioning.
With this feature, you can walk/jog/run comfortably without having to worry about any pains. In addition, you can even workout for longer hours and enjoy faster recovery between sessions.
Hmm, so what does this do? Well, the ProForm comes with 2.5” Precision-Balanced Rollers that reduce tension and keeps the wear and tear to a minimum. The ProForm SMART Pro 2000 stays balanced and precise with this enhancement. Moreover, you might notice less noise and better grip within the system.
The Tablet Holder helps you to make fitness multitasking. The Integrated with DeVice Grip™ Design will hold your tablet firmly so that it does not fall even if you run at full speed. You can watch your favorite TV Show/Movie and workout at the same time. It’s entertaining, but keep your eyes on the treadmill so that you don’t fall off.
Who doesn’t like to listen to music while working out? If you have an iPod or an MP3 player, then you can plug into the treadmill. The SMART Pro 2000 has an Audio Auxiliary Port with Dual 3” Bluetooth Speakers that provide music of the highest quality.
We need to increase and decrease the pace depending on the type of music. Plus, music has also been proven to lower perceived exertion.
Pros & Cons
Now that you’re aware of what the ProForm SMART Pro 2000 has to offer, take some time to look at the Pros & Cons of this treadmill before coming down to a concrete decision of purchasing it.
- Warranty: The fact that they offer a long-term warranty is astounding. You never know what can happen with the motor, so it’s advantageous to have a lifetime motor warranty and other types of warranty as well.
- Comfort: ProForm cares a lot about its customers’ comfort. Therefore, with this model, they included other additional features like Cushioning, Rollers, and others to keep their customers 100% satisfied.
Most of the Pros were already explained under Specifications & Features. Now, let’s move on to the Cons.
- Customer Service: ProForm’s customer service team is kind of slow. They’ve got some bad reputation in helping their customers if they have any issues with their equipment because they take a lot of time to solve an issue.
- Refund Policy: In case if you’re not happy with the treadmill, you can return it to ProForm as they offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. However, they charge a 10% restocking fee.
There’s no doubt that the ProForm SMART Pro 2000 one of the best to be ever made by ProForm. They had a previous version called ProForm Pro 2000, but in this review, we covered the new 2019 SMART version.
If you can afford the SMART Pro 2000, there’s no need to look for another treadmill because this specific treadmill offers all the bells and rings to make you happy and meet your fitness goals. Even though you don’t have much space to store this in your house, you can fold it and keep it aside once you’ve finished your workout.
You can take a look at other types of equipment that we offer at Exercise Grid. There are many options, so do your research and get the one that best fits your needs. If this review has helped you, please share it with your friends and on Social Media Platforms.
Do you have any questions or would simply like to share your personal experience? If so, submit a comment using the comments box below or use the Contact Form to send a message, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.