ProForm SMART Performance 800i – Overview
The ProForm SMART Performance 800i Treadmill is an ideal treadmill for people who are regular walkers and joggers. Even though you can run on the SMART Performance 800i, the motor is not powerful enough to support runners. It’s the latest model in the Performance Series and was released by ProForm in the year 2019.
The SMART Performance 800i is iFit Compatible, and you get the iFit Membership for free for a whole year. With iFit, you’ll have access to your own fitness trainer who will help you with your fitness goals. In addition to iFit, you also get 50 On-Board Workouts that target various training aspects.
Although SMART Performance 800i Treadmill doesn’t support running/sprinting, the motor is of 2.75 CHP. It’s a pretty heavy motor that brings in smoothness into the workout. Moreover, the Tread Belt is a lot more spacious compared to the previous Performance Series treadmills.
With the incline feature, you can burn twice the calories within the same time frame. Another remarkable part is that the treadmill adjusts the incline automatically based on where your personal trainer takes you. Besides incline, the speed of the 800i is of 12 MPH (19.3 KPH), whereas, for the former treadmills, it’s just 10 MPH (16.0 KPH).
1-Year iFit® Membership Included: How cool would it be to train with your very own personal trainer from the comforts of your own home? Well, you can do that with iFit. With iFit, you will have access to an expansive collection of workouts that will make you sweat both on and off the machine. Whenever you choose a destination of your choice, your trainer will show up at the destination which you chose, and it feels like you’re training out there live. How cool is that? To get started, you must connect your tablet to the treadmill via Bluetooth, and you’re good to go.
-2 – 10% Digital Quick Decline™ & Incline™ Control: That’s right! It’s not just about Incline anymore. With the SMART Performance 800i Treadmill, you will be in a position where you get to experience downhill run. As mentioned above, you can burn nearly twice the calories when you activate the incline feature, and the treadmill adjusts it automatically according to where your personal trainer takes you. You also have an option to change it manually by yourself with the touch of a button without breaking your stride or losing your concentration.
2.75 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial Motor: Choose a motor that will take you everywhere right from Chicago to Cape Town, South Africa. Your personal trainer will push you to the limits by taking you to hills and valleys. As a result, it’s good to know that this motor can support it. The heavy continuous 2.75 CHP Motor is Smooth, Powerful, Durable, and comes with a Lifetime Motor Warranty. It creates high levels of inertia for a smooth, powerful feel, and provides the perfect in-home workout experience.
18″ x 60″ Tread Belt: Compared to the other treadmill versions in the Performance Series, the ProForm SMART Performance 800i Treadmill is much more spacious. The 18-inch width allows you to move your elbow freely, and the 60-inch length provides room to stretch out your legs. ProForm tests the Tread Belt for one million cycles at double the user weight before selling.
SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist: Everyone wants to keep their house clutter-free. Therefore, ProForm came up with a solution by introducing the Folding Deck. Once you finish with your workout, you can fold it and keep it in a corner. The powerful in-built EasyLift shock will help you lift the treadmill deck easily.
14” Smart HD Touchscreen: With this high-quality Display Screen, you will experience sensational sceneries. Monitor different workout stats like Speed, Distance, Time, Calories Burned, and Heart Rate by swiping the screen.
ProForm SMART Performance 800i – Key Specs
The table below contains the Key Specs of the ProForm SMART Performance 800i Treadmill.
- 50 On-Board Workouts: These workout programs were designed by certified fitness trainers. Using them regularly will take your fitness to a whole new level. The SMART Performance 800i features Incline, Calorie Burn, High Intensity, Speed, and Mixed Workouts.
- EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor: Measure your Heart Rate by holding the sensors which are built into the handlebars of the treadmill.
- 0 – 12 MPH Digital QuickSpeed® Control: Not everyone likes to run at 12 MPH. Nevertheless, it’s good to know that the 800i can handle it. With ProForm’s in-home efficiency booster, you can avoid using excessive amounts of electricity.
- ProShox™ Cushioning: Landing can cause joint pains for your lower body. Hence, the Cushioning reduces stress on your Feet, Ankles, Knees, and Hips so that you can train for long hours, and enjoy a faster recovery.
- 1.6” Precision-Balanced: These rollers add balance, decreases tension, which keeps the wear and tear to a minimum, reduces noise, and provides better grip.
- CoolAire™ Fan: The Workout Fan keeps you cold and comfortable even if the outside temperature is Blazing Hot, Rainy, Foggy, or Humid.
- Integrated with DeVice Grip™ Design: Are you the type of person who gets bored with exercising for long hours? If so, use your tablet to fix it firmly to the Tablet Holder. Once you’ve done that, you can watch your favorite TV Show/Movie or anything else that interests you.
- Audio Auxiliary Port with Dual 2” Speakers: Plugin your iPod or an MP3 Player to the SMART Performance 800i’s sound system. With the in-built dual 2-inch speakers, you can increase the volume and listen to top quality music.
- Warranty: This particular treadmill provides you with a Lifetime Motor Warranty and a 3-Year Parts Warranty. ProForm also equips you with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Not for Serious Runners: Although the 800i’s motor system is quite powerful and durable, it doesn’t provide you with that runner’s experience you want. A much more robust motor system is required for a better running experience. However, you can do speed interval training.
The ProForm SMART Performance 800i Treadmill is the best, yet advanced treadmill compared to its peers in the Performance Series. Although it’s not the right treadmill for runners, it surely is the best buy in the industry for regular walkers and joggers of all fitness levels and ages.
In case if you are looking for a treadmill which costs a bit less and offers similar features, then the best option would be to check out the ProForm SMART Performance 600i Treadmill. Besides the Performance Series, there are other alternatives. All you’ve got to do is take some time to explore Exercise Grid.
If this review has helped you make the right decision, then please do share it on various Social Media platforms so that it can benefit others. Comment down below if you have a question or would like to share your own experience, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!