ProForm SMART Performance 400i – Overview
The ProForm SMART Performance 400i Treadmill is an upgraded 2019 version of the ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill and is the first treadmill in the Performance Series. The SMART Performance 400i provides you with a complete body workout. It is highly beneficial for walkers and joggers; however, for runners/sprinters, a much powerful machine like the ProForm SMART Performance 800i Treadmill will get the job done.
SMART Performance 400i introduces brand new upgrades for 2019. First, the display consists of a 7-inch HD Touchscreen that enables you to keep a track of various workout stats. Second, you can train with your very own personal trainer for one whole year. Finally, you get 50 On-Board Workout Programs.
One of the best features is that the SMART Performance 400i Treadmill can be folded. This folding feature is what qualifies this treadmill as home-use equipment. Since the footprint is small, the Tread Belt comes with dimensions of 18″ x 50″. The Tread Belt is a bit short for runners to run a bit freely.
Comes with an incline which can be increased up to 10% helps you to burn more calories within a short period. Also, the maximum speed of 10 MPH (16.0 KPH) is good for runners up to a certain point, but not that powerful due to the 2.0 CHP Motor. Although not powerful for runners, it is ideal for walkers and joggers.
Watch the short 90-Second video to get a quick insight.
1-Year iFit® Membership Included: Usually, you have to subscribe to get access to iFit. However, this treadmill comes with 1-Year Free iFit Membership. You now have access to your own personal trainer without ever having to leave your room. With iFit, you can enjoy an expansive collection of workouts that will make you sweat both on and off the machine. In addition, the treadmill sets the inclination automatically whenever your personal trainer takes runs up a hill. It’s one of the smartest fitness experiences you will ever encounter. To explore more about it, visit iFit’s Website.
7” of Swipeable High Definition: It is essential for you to monitor your workout stats and check them periodically to ensure whether or not you’re on the right track. Hence, the 7” Smart HD Touchscreen assists you in providing different workout stats like Speed, Mileage, Time, Calories Burned, and Heart Rate Reading. Besides the ability to view workout stats, you will enjoy mind-blowing sceneries as you workout with your personal trainer.
Walk, Jog, or Run with Room to Spare: As mentioned before, the dimensions of the Tread Belt is 18″ x 50″. The 18-inch width provides loads of room for your elbow. On the other hand, the 50-inch length is long enough for you to stretch your legs and run freely. ProForm tests each belt for one million cycles at double the user weight before release.
A Motor That Can Handle Your Workout: When you start exercising with your trainers, you will be taken through a ton of obstacles at different speeds. The 2.0 CHP Mach Z™ continuous horsepower motor will not fail you no matter how many times you change the incline or speed of the treadmill. Moreover, the 400i it boasts a 25-Year Motor Warranty.
Speed and Incline at the Touch of a Button: Instead of pressing the buttons like a hundred times, you can change the inclination or speed of the treadmill with just the touch of a button, so that you don’t have to break a stride or lose your focus.
ProForm SMART Performance 400i – Key Specs
Check out the table below that contains Key Specifications of the ProForm SMART Performance 400i.
- 50 On-Board Workout Apps: As soon as you set your foot on the ProForm SMART Performance 400i Treadmill, you will be able to choose any of the 50 workouts that are available to you. These Workout Apps are designed by professional fitness trainers to help you improve your fitness levels and meet your goals.
- EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor: The SMART Performance 400i features two hand-grip heart rate sensors that are built into the handlebars of the treadmill. For the reading to show up on the display screen, all you have to do is hold the handlebars.
- 0 – 10 MPH Digital QuickSpeed® Control: Not everyone likes to run/sprint. However, if you want to run at top speeds, the 400i can handle it. With ProForm’s in-home efficiency booster, you can avoid boosting your electricity bills.
- 0 – 10% Digital Quick Incline™ Control: Incline is a game-changer because it conditions your body for those challenging uphill routes. The inclination feature burns calories a lot faster. Besides burning calories, it strengthens and tones your Calves, Glutes, and Quads.
- ProShox™ Cushioning: It can be stressful for your joints during landing. As a result, the Cushioning avoids any potential injuries or joint pains. With less stress on your feet, ankles, knees, and hips, you can workout for long hours and enjoy a faster recovery.
- 1.6” Precision-Balanced: A quality product is all about tiny details. That’s why ProForm built the SMART Performance 400i Treadmill with balanced rollers to keep the wear and tear to a minimum. In addition, you can notice less noise and have a much better grip.
- SpaceSaver® Design: Everybody wants their house to be clutter-free. Therefore, once you finish with your training session, you can fold the treadmill and keep it in a corner.
- Integrated with DeVice Grip™ Design: Do you get bored with long duration workouts? If you fall under this category, make fitness and entertainment multitasking. Fix your tablet to the Table Holder and start watching your favorite TV Show/Movie or anything else.
- Audio Auxiliary Port with Dual 2” Speakers: Plug in your iPod or an MP3 Player to the in-built sound system. With the dual 2-inch speakers, you can increase the volume and listen to quality stuff with fewer complications.
- No Workout Fan: Unfortunately, the ProForm SMART Performance 400i Treadmill does not contain a workout fan. However, the advanced versions have the workout fan.
- Tread Belt: The Tread Belt is quite short because the width is 18 inches and the length is 50 inches. To be able to run freely, the width should be at least 20 inches and the length either 55 or 60 inches.
With a price tag of just under $700, the ProForm SMART Performance 400i Treadmill is the most affordable treadmills in the industry that can be folded and offers better features for home use.
Once you invest in a treadmill like the 400i, you don’t even need to hit a local gym for cardio. Also, you won’t require a personal trainer because you already have iFit. If you’re looking for something much advanced than the SMART Performance 400i, check out ProForm SMART Performance 600i Treadmill.
Take some time to explore Exercise Grid to see if there’s anything that you might want. If this review has helped you make the right decision, then please do share it so that it can benefit others. Also, comment down below if you need any help. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!