Welcome to the blog on ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical Reviews! Before we get started with the review, I would like to take a few minutes out of your schedule by sharing some quick information regarding the Pro 9.9. The Pro 9.9 Elliptical Trainer is one of the first releases in the Pro Series and this is suitable for individuals who are looking for a full body workout.
At $899.00, the ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical Trainer provides you with lots of features and useful specifications which I’ll be discussing in detail as we move along. Without further due, let’s jump right into it!
In this section, I’ll be listing and describing some top features which this beast offers. Make sure to read them carefully as its really important!
- iFit® Coach Ready™: iFit is one of the best features for an equipment to have as it offers exercise programs, meal plans and also tracks your sleep. Connect your tablet to iFit via Bluetooth in order to start your workout with the trainers. You can closely follow the training conducted by certified fitness trainers in order to achieve your goals. The iFit feature isn’t included in the price but if you want to purchase it, it’ll cost you around $15 per month.
- 32 Workout Apps: As soon as you step on the Pro 9.9, you have access to 32 different workout apps. These 32 programs are split into 16 Calorie Programs and 16 Performance Programs. These workout apps have been designed by certified personal trainers which will you help you to achieve your goals a lot faster by burning calories and targeting specific muscle groups.
- 21” Power Adjustable Stride: The Stride Length is 21 inches and its designed in such a way that every single family member (including kids) can use it without having to face any issues. The power adjustable stride can be relocated for a much better fit depending on the individuals comfort.
- Out-of-Box Easy Assembly: You must’ve been waiting for days/weeks for your equipment to arrive and ProForm doesn’t want to kill that excitement by providing you with complicated assembly. It just takes a few minutes for you to fix the equipment and you can start your workout ASAP without wasting any time.
Notable Key Specs
I’ve created a table below that contains all the key specifications of the Pro 9.9 Elliptical Trainer. Please take some time in order to view them as its a must.
Specifications & Features
From here on, I’ll be explaining some Specifications & Features so that you get an idea on other aspects of this elliptical trainer. Let’s go!
It is mandatory to have workout stats in front of you to ensure whether you are on the right track or not. The 6” Backlit Display enables you to check various stats like mileage, distance, speed, time, BPM, heart rate and calories burned.
With the assistance of Heart Rate EKG™ Grip Pulse, your heart rate will be automatically displayed once you step on the machine and hold the two hand-grip sensors. You can see the reading change once you start the workout but this isn’t accurate and must be used as an approximation only.
However, you get access to the Wireless Chest Strap which must be tied to your chest. This is a really good feature as it provides you with accurate readings of your pulse rate.
Increase the effect and intensity of the training by using the 0 – 10° Digital Quick Incline™ option. Increasing gradient can take your workout to a whole new level which can toughen up your quadriceps, glutes and calf muscles with a single button.
Front Drive Design
The ProForm Pro 9.9 is designed in such a way that it can fit in any given room as it has a small footprint size and occupies less space. You can set the stride length to max to build on a smooth ride with this particular design.
Most of the people out there think that an elliptical trainer targets only your legs and that’s absolutely wrong. Increasing resistance level will activate your arms, back, shoulders and core. The Multi-Position Upper-Body Grips will help in preventing blister formation as the grips are quite soft.
Increasing the pace and working out quite vigorously can cause an elliptical trainer to vibrate. Thanks to the 28 Lb. Effective Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel which will provide you with a smooth ride in exchange for the rough ride. This is a must have feature as it can make you uncomfortable at times.
Silent Magnetic Resistance
The faster you move the pedals, the more sound an elliptical will produce. The SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance will cut down the noise produced in the system so that your neighbor doesn’t have to knock the door of your tenant to get you kicked out of the apartment (Haha).
When starting out with your workout, I highly recommend that you start slow and then build up the pace once you’ve finished your warm-up. Increasing resistance levels will help you burn more calories within a short period because you need to be able to apply lots of power in order for the pedals to move, Once you apply power, work done increases which in turn burns calories. Once you finish purchasing the ProForm Pro 9.9, you have 24 Digital Resistance Levels.
As you train, the CoolAire™ Workout Fan will blow cool air which will target your face and can be help you to stay fresh during your intense training. However, some people don’t like this feature as it can dry up your sweat. You can turn it off if you don’t want to use the fan.
Once you’re one setting up your favorite music playlist, you can then plugin your iPod or MP3 device to the in-built sound system. With the help of dual 2-inch speakers, you can now listen to clean and crisp music while you continue burning calories. Studies have shown that listening to music while exercise can help reduce perceived exertion. How cool is that?
Move the ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical Trainer from place to place easily with the help of Front-mounted Transport Wheels. The elliptical trainer contains a pair of wheels in the front said and all you need to do is to lift the back side and pull. You would need a help of a person in order lift it up as you’ll be pretty exhausted after the workout.
Pros & Cons
This is the last segment I would like to talk about before concluding this review. Make sure to pay close attention as this section is mandatory.
There are a couple of extra pros which I’ve not covered under specifications & features. Some of them are as follows:-
- Commercial-Gauge Solid Steel Construction: This steel material which is used in order to engineer the Pro 9.9 is of high quality and lasts really long.
- Oversized, Adjustable, Cushioned Pedals: These adjustable pedals will allow you to change the foot positions easily so that it can provide you with a good balance/stability during workout.
- Oversized Leveling Feet: This particular feature helps the elliptical to stay fixed even on an uneven surface.
- Water Bottle Holder: Stay hydrated during training by storing your favorite drink or water.
Even though the pros outweigh the cons, you must be aware of the cons before reaching a concrete decision.
- Folding: Even though the Pro 9.9 has a small footprint area, it cannot be folded.
- Customer Service: ProForm is a busy company as it ships its equipment’s to different parts of the world almost every single day. It can take some time if you have any repairs that must be done.
Our Final Verdict
The ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical is good for families as well as individual users. It’s definitely not the best elliptical trainer in the market but if you cannot afford more than $900, this one suits best. In case if you are looking for a much advanced elliptical trainer, you can take some time to read about the “ProForm Pro 12.9 Elliptical Reviews“.
Unfortunately, a used one or a second hand one isn’t available right now but when its available, I’ll update this page and you can come back later and check it out.
If you would like to share your own thoughts or have any questions regarding this elliptical trainer, leave them below in the comments box and I will reply just as soon as I notice your comment.