Welcome to the blog on ProForm Pro 12.9 Elliptical Reviews! Before we start with the actual review, I would like to share some information on the Pro 12.9. The Pro 12.9 is the advanced version of the Pro 9.9 and it has been released by ProForm in 2017. This elliptical trainer is recommended for people who are looking forward in experiencing a full body workout.
The ProForm Pro 12.9 Elliptical Trainer is a perfect workout machine when it comes to achieving your fitness goals as it offers lots of top quality features and high performance options. In this review, we will be looking closely at the Top Features, Notable Key Specs, Specs & Features and Pros & Cons. Without wasting any time, let’s jump right into it!
In this part, I’ll list and explain some top features this beast offers. Read them carefully as it is interesting and can help you to make the right decision.
- 1-Year iFit Coach Membership Included: When you purchase the Pro 12.9, you get access to 1-Year iFit membership which is included in the price. This is an important feature to have as iFit provides you with World-Class Personal Trainers, Worldwide Workouts, Strengthening Personalized Nutrition and Extensive Connected Tracking. Follow the workouts carefully and you will be able to achieve your fitness goals in no time. You can download your favorite places from Google Maps and the 12.9 will adjust it is inclination according to the route you chose. Cool, right? The first year is free but if you want to renew it later, it would cost around $15 per month.
- 0 – 20º Digital Quick Incline Ramp: If you download a particular place in Google Maps that contains hills/mountains, the elliptical trainer will set the inclination to max and you would feel like as if you’re hiking a mountain. How cool is that? This feature can be enabled automatically while training with an iFit Coach or manually with a simple touch. Using this attribute quite often can target various lower body muscle groups like Glutes, Quadriceps and Calves.
- 7” Smart HD Touchscreen: The display screen is of a high quality as it is a 7-Inch high definition touchscreen. Your training can be much more effective and of high standards when you have your personal fitness trainer in front of you during your training. The HD Screen allows you to see beautiful places and follow your personal trainer easily. It also contains various workout stats which include speed, distance, time, BPM, heart rate and calories burned.
- Out-of-Box Easy Assembly: You must have been waiting for days/weeks for your equipment to arrive and ProForm doesn’t want to kill that excitement which you’ve had. Unboxing usually takes hours but the Pro 12.9 has been engineered in such a way that it just takes few minutes to assemble it. You can start your workout without wasting any time as soon as you’ve followed the 3 quick setup steps.
Notable Key Specs
The table below contains important key specifications and some attributes offered by the Pro 12.9 Elliptical Trainer.
Specifications & Features
From here on, I’ll be describing all the specifications and features so that you can get acquainted with this elliptical trainer and see what it offers.
Once you step on the elliptical trainer, you have access to 35 On-Board Workouts. These workout apps have been completely loaded and they’ve been designed by professional personal trainers in order to achieve your goals a lot faster in a short period.
Heart Rate & Wireless Chest Strap
There are buil-in hand sensors that track your heart rate once you hold them but this EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor is not accurate. As an owner of Pro 12.9 machine, you will be given a Wireless Chest Strap which is already included in the price. The chest strap is supposed to be tied near the chest and it’ll provide you with accurate heart rate readings.
Front Drive Design
The ProForm Pro 12.9 is designed in such a way that it can fit in any room, despite it is dimensions, due to the footprint. Even if you set the stride length to max, this design will provide you with a smooth ride.
We know that elliptical trainer in general is good for lower body as it strengthens and tones them. Increasing resistance levels and using the Multi-Position Upper-Body Grips will target upper body muscles like back, shoulders, arms and core.
When you increase speed, any elliptical trainer in the market would start shaking if it doesn’t have the Flywheel feature. You won’t be facing any issue with the Pro 12.9 as it comes with a 32 Lb. Effective Inertia Enhanced Flywheel that provides smooth and steady performance.
There are 26 Digital Resistance Levels and as you increase, more sound starts to develop within the machine which can be heard even by your neighbors. The SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance will cut down the noise pollution given out so that you can workout without disturbing anybody. Increasing resistance levels will help you burn more calories.
As you build up the pace, the CoolAire Workout Fan will start blowing air straight onto your face. This is a good feature to have as it is refreshing but some people don’t like to use it as it can dry up the seat produced on the face. You also have an option to turn it off if you don’t want to use.
Integrated Tablet Holder
The ProForm Pro 12.9 has provided you with an entertainment feature. If you have a tablet, you can fix it and adjust it to various angles depending on your comfort with the help of DeVice Grip Design. You can now watch TV Shows/Movies and continue with the training so that you don’t feel bored.
If you are a big fan of music, you can create your favorite musical playlist and plugin your iPod or any other MP3 device to the Audio Auxiliary Port. After you plugin, you’ll then be able to hear crisp and clear music with the help of in-built dual 2-inch speakers. This is a really cool attribute as studies have shown that music can help lower perceived exertion.
Once done with the training, moving the Pro 12.9 Elliptical Trainer is fast & easy, and can be done with the assistance of front-mounted wheels. These wheels are located at the front side of the elliptical trainer and in order to move it, you would need to lift up the back side and start pulling it.
Pros & Cons
This is the last section I’ll be discussing before come to the conclusion of this review. Read the pros and cons carefully!
Most of the specs and features are the pros but I’ll be listing a couple of extra ones which haven’t been covered.
- Commercial-Grade Steel Construction: This machine is engineered with top quality steel and can last quite long.
- Adjustable Oversized Cushioned Pedals: The pedals can be set into various foot positions which can be comfortable for the user and they also help in stabilizing the equipment.
- Oversized Levelers: This is really important for an elliptical trainer to have as it can stay stable even on an uneven surface as it grips the floor.
- Water Bottle Holder: Stay hydrated throughout your intense workout by storing your favorite drink/water which is built into the machine and can be reached easily.
The pros definitely outweigh the cons but there are a couple of negatives which one must be aware of.
- Folding: This machine cannot be folded.
- Stride Length: Should have been more than 20 inches but can be adjustable and pleasant.
- Customer Service: ProForm is a busy company as it ships it is equipment’s to different parts of the world almost every single day. So, don’t be surprised if it takes some time to get the machine parts when you have any repairs.
Our Final Verdict
The ProForm Pro 12.9 Elliptical is undoubtedly one of the best elliptical trainers in the market. It is the best when you compare it with other elliptical trainers in its price range. It can be expensive for some people out there but its something which should be invested in as it can improve your health significantly.
If the Pro-Form 12.9 is more than you expected to shell out, you may want to purchase the Pro-Form 9.9 instead. It has most of the features that 12.9 has but at a much more economical price tag. By comparing the differences prior to purchasing will assure that you are getting the model you really want. Yet another alternative is looking at used equipment it may save you hundreds and be very cost saving for you.
If you would like to share your own thoughts or have any questions regarding this elliptical trainer, leave them below in the comments box and I will reply just as soon as I notice your comment.