In this blog post on ProForm Hybrid Trainer Reviews, we will check out this 2-in-1 equipment which is quite popular in the fitness industry. By the end of this review, you will find out everything you need to know about the ProForm Hybrid Trainer.
I strongly recommend you read the complete review as it will contain lots of valuable information. In case if you don’t want to read it completely, use the Table Of Contents option to navigate to the topic of your choice.
What is the ProForm Hybrid Trainer?
Are you looking for a piece of affordable cardio equipment that allows you to to do TWO different calorie-burning workouts with the help of just a single machine?
If so, then the ProForm Hybrid Trainer is the best equipment that can fulfill your needs.
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer was released in 2015 by ProForm. The reason why it’s quite popular in the market is that it is a combination of both the Exercise Bike as well as the Elliptical Trainer.
- iFit: When you get on the machine, you have access to Expert Personal Trainers who train you right from your living room. Even though a personal trainer would charge you with 100’s of dollars, subscribing to iFit’s individual package will cost you only $15.00 per month; whereas, the family membership, consisting of 5 People, will cost $33.00 per month. The most fascinating part about iFit is that the trainers take you to different parts of the world, and it feels as if you’re in that particular place.
- Hybrid Trainer: Yes, that’s right! The name of the equipment is itself the most important feature, This is why you’re planning on purchasing, isn’t it? You already know that it’s a mixture of Elliptical Trainer and Exercise Bike. The Elliptical exercises your core, upper body, and lower body. After that, you should quickly hop on to the Bike for an exhausting heart-pumping session.
- 15” Stride: The Smooth, Long Elliptical Strides provides you with a soft landing. Even when you speed up and misstep, you won’t lose the consistency or worse, fall off the machine. Therefore, the 15” Comfortable Horizontal Stride Length avoids such problems.
- Watts Power Meter: As soon as you start the workout, the Built-in Power Meter will start displaying your power reading on the screen. In a way, this meter can be quite helpful because you can decide when to slow down or went to speed up during the workout.
- Integrated Tablet Holder: It can be boring for some people to keep doing the workout for hours, so why not make fitness multi-tasking by attaching your tablet to the Integrated Tablet Holder? Now obviously, you need to have your own tablet though. You can have all your fitness and entertainment tools on the side so that you can follow the trainer via the iFit App and simultaneously watch your favorite TV Show/Movie.
Notable Key Specifications
Below is a table that contains some Key Specifications of the Hybrid Trainer.
Specifications & Features
From here on, I’ll be explaining all the Specifications & Features of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer so that you get an idea on what this beast offers.
The Large LCD Window Display enables you to measure your results and track your Speed, Time, Distance, and Calories Burned so that you can monitor your training stats. You can adjust the console angle according to your height to view the workout info quite easily.
Silent Magnetic Resistance
SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance helps the equipment to function smoothly without producing any friction within the system. Moreover, it does not interrupt your workout.
Increasing Resistance Levels allows you to burn more calories because each time you increase a level, you have to apply more force to keep it moving. I personally recommend that you start out with no resistance and then start building up the pace by increasing the difficulty. There are 16 Digital Resistance Levels that come with the ProForm Hybrid Trainer.
Also, increasing resistance levels might have a negative impact on the machine. However, you are lucky that this machine has the SMR included in it.
When you step on the ProForm Hybrid Trainer, you have access to 16 Workout Apps. These apps are designed by certified fitness trainers, and each one of them is different. Using them regularly will help you in hitting your fitness goals within a short period of time.
If you have an iPod or an MP3 player, you can create a music playlist and plug it to the machine as its iPod® Compatible. The Hybrid Trainer has two in-built 2-inch speakers that provide you with high-quality music.
Experts made it clear that we tend to match the pace of the workout with the type of music we listen to. Music has also been proven to lower perceived exertion.
Whenever you use the Elliptical Trainer, the Soft Grips Upper-Body Workout Arms will get you a total-body, yet low-impact workout for your arms and other upper body parts like chest, shoulders, etc. In addition, it involves the whole body and tones your muscles.
Front-Mounted Transport Wheels is one of my personal favorite features because you can move the equipment from one place to the other. Things just got a lot easier for you. The best part is that the machine is not that heavy to move.
Heart Rate Monitor
The EKG™ Grip Pulse is the ultimate tool that monitors your heart rate. In order for it to display your heart rate, all you have to do is to hold the grips because the tracker is built into the handles of the Hybrid Trainer.
Although the reading might not be accurate, it will give you an approximate reading.
Pros & Cons
Take some time to view the Pros & Cons of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer so that you know what to expect from this high-intensity cardio equipment.
- Commercial-Gauge Solid Steel Construction: Top quality steel is used to construct this machine. It means that it can last a long period without having to go through any maintenance.
- Adjustable Cushioned Seat: This seat is for the bike, not the elliptical trainer. The oversized cushioning seat can be adjustable so that you can adjust it until it’s the perfect fit.
- Oversized Adjustable Pedals: Hybrid Trainer offers you with the flexibility to try various foot positions until you find it comfortable to settle with the right one till the end of the workout.
- Water Bottle Holder: You can store your favorite beverage in the water bottle holder to stay hydrated during the whole workout session.
- Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel: The Flywheel is very light as it’s only 13 Lbs. It might cause some vibration within the system.
- Customer Service: ProForm’s customer service has got some negative reviews because they take quite some time to replace the parts if anything is wrong with the equipment.
- Return Policy: Although they offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you have to pay a 10% restocking fee to have it shipped back to them.
There’s no other equipment in the industry which is as affordable as the ProForm Hybrid Trainer that includes both the Exercise Bike and Elliptical Trainer. The Hybrid Trainer occupies less space. It can fit in any given room, so it’s the best fit for home use as well as for commercial gyms.
An advanced version of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer is the ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro. From the name, you can predict that it has more advantages because it’s the pro version.
If you’re looking for other options, take some time to explore Exercise Grid to see if you find anything that matches your needs. Also, make sure to share this review on Social Media so that others can benefit it as well.
Do you have any questions or would simply like to share your personal experience? If so, submit a comment using the comments box below or use the Contact Form to send a message, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.