ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical – Overview
The ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical is the perfect elliptical trainer for people who are on a tight budget as it’s a low-priced cardio machine for home use and gets good customer reviews. The 520 E was released by ProForm in 2017, and it’s the first model to be manufactured in the Endurance Series.
Endurance 520 E is suitable for beginners, intermediate, and advanced users. If you’re a person who is interested in losing weight, then the incline feature of this elliptical trainer will help you burn twice the calories rather than working out without any inclination.
Also, the Endurance 520 E Elliptical Trainer is built with a front-drive design which helps the machine to fit in any given space. This design feature is what makes this equipment accommodating for home use. Another characteristic to consider is that the elliptical contains workout programs and plenty of other workouts from iFit, which you can install on your tablet.
Moreover, the display screen enables you to check out all the workout statistics live. ProForm knows that it can be helpful for their customers to see whether they are on track or not. Therefore, you get an in-built display screen that tracks your stats.
Watch the short video below to get an insight on the ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical.
iFit® Coach Ready™: How fun would it be to have an expert personal trainer in your living room? Engage in a whole new fitness experience with an iFit Membership. Enjoy an expansive collection of live group classes, or private sessions right from your elliptical trainer. To get started, you should subscribe to iFit, and then connect your tablet to the machine via Bluetooth. With iFit, you can choose a particular location, and it feels like you’re actually in that particular place because your personal trainer is training you from the location which you’ve chosen. To check out the subscription plans, visit iFit’s Website.
18 Workout Apps: As soon as you step on the Endurance 520 E, you will have access to 18 Workout Apps/On-Board Workout Programs. These programs are designed by professional fitness trainers. Moreover, they focus on Calorie Burning, Intensity, and improving your speed. Therefore, using them quite frequently will help you reach your fitness goals within a short period. When you have both iFit and the Workout Programs, you don’t need to have any other trainer as it’s that effective.
0 – 20° Adjustable Incline Ramp: You might know that a treadmill offers inclination, but does an elliptical trainer offer the same? Fortunately, with the 520 E, you’ll be able to adjust the incline to 20° with a touch and target other muscles in your body. The incline feature will strengthen and tone your glutes, calves, and quads. In addition, regular usage will help you burn twice the calories because you have to apply more power to keep the elliptical in motion.
Integrated, Adjustable Tablet Holder with DeVice Grip™ Technology: Why not make fitness multi-tasking? If you’re a person who trains for longer durations, then this feature will be advantageous. You can attach your tablet to the safe and secure tablet holder and start watching your favorite TV Show/Movie. There’s no doubt as to why you shouldn’t check your email, but make sure that both your hands are on the handlebars to prevent any serious injury.
Notable Key Specifications
Here you will see a table that contains all the Notable Key Specifications of the ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical.
- 5” Backlit Display: It is essential to have all the workout stats right in front of you while working out because it helps you stay on track. On the display screen, you can check out different stats like Speed, Mileage, Time, Calories Burned, and Heart Rate.
- EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Monitor: Measure your heart rate with this feature. For the reading to show up on the display screen, all you have to do is hold the handlebars. The sensor is built into the handlebars of the 520 E Elliptical.
- Front-Drive Design: What determines the footprint of a machine? Well, it’s going to be the way in which it was designed. Therefore, the Front-Drive Design results in a smaller footprint and provides a smoother ride. As a result, the elliptical trainer can fit in a small space, making it ideal for home use.
- Commercial-Gauge Solid Steel Construction: The Endurance 520’s frame is constructed using top quality steel. This steel is what makes it long-lasting.
- AC Adapter Included: Usually, you have to buy the Adapter separately, but luckily, it comes with the elliptical trainer.
- 19” Adjustable Stride Length: The Stride Length of this machine is spacious cause of its 19-inch stride length. Also, the stride can be adjusted according to your desired comfortability.
- Soft Grips Upper-Body Workout Arms: We know that an elliptical trainer targets the lower body; however, it does hit your upper-body parts like chest, shoulders, arms, back, and abs. The soft grips avoid the formation of blisters.
- Oversized Pedals: These pedals supply you with various foot positions and bestow better balance as well as stability.
- Resistance Levels: As an owner of the ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical Trainer, you have access to 18 Digitial Resistance Levels. Each level is smooth, frictionless, and noise pollution free due to the Silent Magnetic Resistance.
- SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance: ProForm’s smooth, silent resistance system will help the elliptical to reduce any noise pollution that’s being given out.
- iPod®-Compatible Audio: If you’ve got an iPod or an MP3 Player, then use it to plug into the 520 E’s in-built sound system to hear high-grade music. Built with dual 2-inch speakers, you can increase the volume and the tempo. Plus, music has also been proven to lower perceived exertion.
- Front-Mounted Transport Wheels: Move the elliptical from one place to the other by using the transport wheels that come along with it. It’s fast and easy!
- Oversized Leveling Feet: Keeps the machine stable even on an uneven surface.
- Water Bottle Holder: One of the most important aspects to a successful workout is staying dehydrated throughout the whole training session. The bottle holder is attached to the elliptical so that you can grab it effortlessly whenever you want.
- 15 Lb. Effective Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel: Pretty light for this elliptical trainer. Hence, working out quite vigorously might give rise to some vibrations within the system.
- Basic Display Screen: Although the workout stats are visible, the display screen is not that good.
- Short Parts Warranty: Would be a lot better if they add an extra year to the Parts Warranty.
The ProForm Endurance 520 E Elliptical Trainer is one of the most affordable high-grade pieces of equipment out there in the market. However, there are others that are a lot cheaper, but aren’t as good as the 520 E.
In case if you have a budget of $600.00, then there’s no reason as to why you shouldn’t purchase the Endurance 520 E Elliptical. If you want something more advanced than this particular model, the best investment to make would be to go for the ProForm Endurance 720 E Elliptical Trainer.
Please do share this review on Social Media if you think that it has helped you. If you have any questions or would like to share anything, don’t hesitate to do it. I’ll be more than happy to assist you, and I typically reply as soon as possible!