Welcome to the blog on NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Reviews! Before we get started with the review, I would like to share some quick information on the SpaceSaver SE9i. The SE9i has been released in the year 2017 by NordicTrack. This elliptical trainer provides you with a full body workout and burns more calories as its much more robust and versatile than the SE7i.
At $1,249, the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i offers tonnes of features and high performance options. It is worth every penny you invest in it because it can increase your stamina and endurance levels. In this review, we’ll be covering various aspects like Top Features, Notable Key Specs, Specifications and Pros & Cons. Without further due, let’s start!
I would like to take some time out for your schedule in order to list out and describe the top features this elliptical trainer brings so that you can be well acquainted with it.
- Includes 1-Year NordicTrack iFit® Membership: When you purchase the SpaceSaver, you get access to 1-Year iFit Membership which you’ll benefit from. iFit enables you to get in touch with your personal trainer and follow their training in order for you to achieve your goals. You can monitor various factors like exercise, nutrition, workout activity and sleep which I think is mandatory. Believe it or not but you can download your favorite places from GoogleMaps and the elliptical trainer will set its inclination and all that according to the route you chose. How cool is this? The first year is free but if you’re interested in continuing, do expect to pay around $15 per month.
- 10° Power Adjustable Incline: Increasing gradient in any equipment can allow you to burn more calories with a short period and a similar pattern can be observed when you increase your gradient while using this beast. You can also strengthen your hamstrings, quadriceps and a couple of upper body muscles. This is one of my personal favorite features as it’ll increase the intensity of the workout and make it much more challenging.
- Vertical Spacesaver® Design: What’s the meaning of SpaceSaver? The answer is quite simple – you can save space. Yep, with the SE9i, you can store it wherever you live easily. It doesn’t matter if you live in a big mansion or a tiny flat, it fits quite well everywhere. Once you’re done with your intense training, you can fold it and drag it with the help of transport wheels which I’ll be covering as we move along.
Notable Key Specs
Below is a table containing all the specs and features of the SpaceSaver SE9i. Please make sure to check them out as it won’t take up much of your time.
In this segment, we will be discussing about the tech stuff that’s behind the success of this elliptical trainer. We’ll go through different attributes like Display, Integrated Tablet Holder, Auxiliary Music Port & Speakers, and Controls.
The in-built 7” Smart HD Touchscreen provides full workout stats like distance, time, calories burned, heart rate, BPM and other details as well. It’s always recommended that you view your stats in order to stay on track during your workout. The screen is clear as it’s high definition and you won’t be experiencing anything blurry.
Integrated Tablet Holder
I pretty much assume that you’ve got your own tablet. So, why not put it into good use? With the help of Integrated Tablet Holder, you can attach your device and it’ll hold it firmly. How cool would it be if you can watch your favorite Shows/Movies throughout your training session?
Auxiliary Music Port & Speakers
If you’ve got an aux wire, you could plugin your device to the Auxiliary Music Port and hear music from the playlists you’ve created. An iPod or MP3 device can be used and the Two 2” Digitally-amplified Speakers enable you to encounter the top quality music produced by these robust speakers. The sound systems of this elliptical trainer are the best!
Operating the SE9i is so easy that even an infant could do it. With the assistance of QuickTouch™ Handle Controls you can increase the gradient of the machine with just one touch. There are many other ways in which you can operate the machine in just a single touch but I’I’ve provided an example of how it works with the gradient/inclination.
In this part, I’ll be concentrating on the engineering aspects of the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i. Some attributes which we’ll be concentrating on are SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance, Resistance Levels and Heart Rate Monitor & Chest Strap.
Silent Magnetic Resistance
As you increase resistance levels, any elliptical trainer in the world without SMR would make lot of noise that your neighbors cat will wake up. The SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance will try to cut down noise as much as possible so that you can carry on burning calories without producing any sounds.
As I’ve mentioned in the table above, after you get your elliptical trainer, you now have access to 24 resistance levels. It’s true that increasing resistance levels can help you burn more calories as you need to apply lots of power and energy.
What if you want more vigorous workout? The answer is increase the gradient and resistance levels at the same time and try to push yourself to do at least for 5 minutes to start with.
Heart Rate Monitor & Chest Strap
The two handle bars on the side are designed in such a way that when you hold them, your heart rate starts showing on the display screen. Unfortunately, this EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Monitor is not accurate as it’s just an approximation. You’ll come across something amazing in the next paragraph which is included in this price.
What if I told you that you can get a chest strap which is already included in the price? Yes, when you finish purchasing the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i, you now get iFit Bluetooth® Smart Chest Strap. You need to wear it on top of your stomach/belly so that the strap can display the accurate heart rate on the display screen. This is amazing, isn’t it?
When you buy any product, the main thing you always have to look for is comfort. In this part, we’ll go through the comfort specs and take a close look at stuff like Workout Fan and Grips.
Want to feel the cool air while working out? NordicTrack has got that covered as they provide you with AutoBreeze™ Workout Fan which helps your body to stay cool. The faster you move the pedals, the more air the workout fan produces. Many of us don’t like the sweat to dry off so you also have an option to switch off the fan.
Many of you might be aware of this but let me explain it again if you’re a newbie. When you hold the elliptical trainers handles, lots of friction is created between the skin of your palm and the handlebar. This in turn will cause blisters but you don’t have to worry ass you have access to Soft Touch Upper Body Grips. These grips will avoid you from getting blisters.
This is the last type of specification which I’ll be walking you through and we’ll be paying attention to features like Workout Apps, Transport Wheels and Assembly. Without wasting any time, let’s get on with it!
When you get the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i, you now have access to 30 Preset Workout Apps. Each app is different and they have been designed by professional fitness trainers which help you in reaching your fitness goals. To get faster results, I strongly suggest that you follow their workouts carefully every single day.
With the help of Rear-mounted Transport Wheels, you can now move the SE9i anywhere you want. Since it’s a heavy beast, make sure you have enough strength left to move it.
You must have waited for a couple of days if not weeks for your elliptical trainer to arrive. NordicTrack has engineered this elliptical trainer in such a way that it can fit in the box. You can start with your workout within minutes of unwrapping the box and you don’t even have to make any adjustments.
Pros & Cons
This review has been quite long already but before concluding, I would like to quickly discuss about few Pros & Cons of this elliptical trainer. Do not skip this as it’s important!
Most of the pros are definitely the features which have been discussed throughout this article but I would like to add a few more things.
- Oversized Pedals: Even if you’ve got big feet, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about as the area of the pedal is quite spacious.
- Water Bottle Holder: You have some extra space awarded just for storing water or some other drinks which you would like to consume between training.
Although this machine offers good features, you must also be aware of the cons.
- Stride Length: The stride length is just 18 inches whereas it should be about 20 inches for a tall person. You’ll have this problem if you’re taller than 6 feet 2 inches but if your feet are a bit small, then it’s absolutely fine.
- Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel: As mentioned in the table, there is an in-built 18 Lbs Flywheel but this isn’t effective simply because it produces some vibrations/jerks in the machine. The heavier the flywheel, the smoothness of the machine increases.
Our Final Verdict
The NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical Trainer is one of the best elliptical trainers when it comes to saving space and offering good features but it’s not for everyone simply because of the cost factors. It is worth investing because at the end of the day, it can improve your health dramatically and take your fitness levels to greater heights.
If the SpaceSaver SE9i is more than you expected to shell out, you may want to purchase the SpaceSaver SE7i instead. It has most of the features that 12.9 has but at a much more economical price tag. By comparing the differences prior to purchasing will assure that you are getting the model you really want.
If you would like to share your own thoughts or have any questions regarding this elliptical trainer, leave them below in the comments box and I will reply just as soon as I notice your comment.