Welcome to the blog on NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Reviews! Before we move on with the review, I would like to provide you with a quick insight on the SpaceSaver SE7i. This particular elliptical trainer is for people who are looking for a full body workout and it offers a small footprint size which can be stored easily in small apartment flats/houses.
With a price tag of $777.00, the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i offers lots of attributes and a few high performance options. In this review, I’ll be covering a few aspects like Top Features, Notable Key Specs, Specifications and Pros & Cons. Without further due, let’s move on!
Before starting with the product review, I would like to explain the top features the SE7i offers in a detailed manner so that you can get an idea on what this beast provides.
- NordicTrack iFit® Membership Ready: This is something which is not included when you purchase the equipment but it costs around $15.00 per month. With the help of iFit, you can have your own personal trainer and follow them as they walk you through the workouts. These personal trainers you get are certified and are experts in what they do. They design a specific program for you in order for you to achieve your fitness goals.
- 0 – 8° Power Adjustable Incline: Most of the elliptical trainers out there in the market lack this feature but the SpaceSaver doesn’t. If you increase the inclination, you can burn a lot more calories in less time. Spend an hour every day and you’ll achieve your fitness goals in no time. Increasing the gradient can also strengthen and tone your legs so that you don’t have to visit a doctor when you grow older.
- Verical SpaceSaver® Design: This feature makes this elliptical trainer unique. The Vertical SpaceSaver® Design helps you to fold the treadmill so that you can save tonnes of space. When you finish your workout. You can fold it and keep the equipment in a corner and use it later. Hence, the name SpaceSaver!
Notable Key Specs
Please take a moment or two to check the table below as it contains some extra features and specifications offered by the SpaceSaver SE7i.
In this particular section, we will be looking at some technology specs offered by this elliptical trainer. Some of these specifications include Display, Integrated Tablet Holder, Auxiliary Music Port and Two 2″ Digitally-amplified Speakers.
With the assistance of 5” Backlit Display, you can view your workout stats in front of you on the screen. Various stats include distance, time, calories burnt, heart rate, BPM and few others. It is important to view these details because they provide as a guidance as to how you are performing on the elliptical trainer.
Integrated Tablet Holder
If you’ve got a tablet, attach it to the tablet holder and continue with your workout. Watch your favorite TV Shows/Movies while training and it can pass your time. If entertainment is what you’re looking for, you’ve got it!
Auxiliary Music Port & Speakers
Use the device auxiliary wire and connect with NordicTrack’s SpaceSaver to listen to your favorite music. If you’ve got an iPod or any other MP3 player, plugin in to the machine and listen to top quality music with the help of Two 2″ Digitally-amplified Speakers.
Research shows that listening to music with fast beats can make the workout more effective which can help you to burn more calories. This is definitely a plus point!
In this segment, we will be focusing on the engineering aspects of the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i. Some of these attributes are SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance, 22 Digital Resistance Levels and EKG Grip Pulse.
Silent Magnetic Resistance
Increasing resistance levels can cause noise pollution as lots of noise is being produced between the moving parts of the elliptical trainer. The SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance will cut down the noise so that you don’t have to wake up your neighbors cat.
As mentioned in the table above, you get access to 22 Digital Resistance Levels. Increasing resistance levels means that you have to apply more power and energy for the pedals to move. If both of these factors increase, the work done increases and hence you burn more calories.
EKG Grip Pulse
When you hold the two handlebars, your heart rate will be displayed on the screen automatically and will be live until you finish your workout. This is just an approximation but if you need an accurate pulse rate, you have to wear a wireless chest strap. Unfortunately, NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i doesn’t provide you with the wireless chest strap.
It is important that you pay attention to this part as comfort is top priority when you’re looking forward in buying an equipment. We will look at Workout Fan and Grips.
If your room isn’t cool enough, you have an option to switch on the AutoBreeze™ Workout Fan. The faster your pace, the more the breeze. Some people might not like this as it dries up the sweat but you have an option to turn it on/off.
Some people say that “Elliptical Trainer is a perfect machine for lower body workout”. This is absolutely wrong because when you’re on the elliptical machine, you even move your hands. So basically, it’s a full body workout. Most of us tend to get blisters on our fingers but you don’t have to worry because the Soft Touch Upper Body Grips offers soft grip.
This is the last type of specification which I’ll be concentrating on and it’s very interesting as you get to know stuff like Workout Apps, Transport Wheels and Assembly.
As recorded in the table above, when you purchase the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i, you get access to 24 different workout apps. These workout apps have been designed by professional fitness trainers and they have been constructed in such a way that they will help you to meet your goals.
The Rear-mounted Transport Wheels enables you to move the SE7i easily from place to place. This is an important feature for an elliptical trainer to have.
You must have waited for a couple of days if not weeks for your elliptical trainer to arrive. NordicTrack has engineered this elliptical trainer in such a way that it can fit in the box. You can start with your workout within minutes of unwrapping the box and you don’t even have to make any adjustments. How cool is that?
Pros & Cons
Before coming down to the conclusion, I would like to take some time to discuss about the Pros & Cons of this elliptical machine. Without further due, let’s get on with it!
I’ve covered most of the pros already which are basically the features and specifications but there is one extra pro and I’ll list it down below.
- Oversized Pedals: Even if your feet size is big, there is no problem because the pedal area is quite massive.
The pros definitely outweigh the cons but there are some cons which you must be aware of.
- Customer Service: NordicTrack is a very busy company as it sells most of its equipment’s to different parts of the world. Getting any elliptical parts can take somewhere between a few days (if you’re lucky) to a couple of weeks.
- Return Policy: One of the most flexible thing is that NordicTrack offers 30-Day Money Back Guarantee but when you send it back, you must pay some shipment fees and a certain amount on restocking fee as well.
Our Final Verdict
The NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Elliptical Trainer is not the best one in the market but if you’re looking to save space and can afford it, this is definitely the one you can consider. The more robust and versatile model in the Rear Drive Series is the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical Trainer.
If you have any further questions to ask or would simply like to leave a comment below, kindly do so. I’ll get back to you within 24 hours to answer your questions.